Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Shabby Chic Cake Stand Tutorial

I absolutely love cake stands! I have been looking for inexpensive parts so I could make one... I found a cheese dome and candle stick at my local thrift store a grand total of $2.50.  They will be the perfect pieces for my upcycled cake stand! I can't wait... : )



Here is your ordinary cheese dome.


Pretty boring.

Add a candle holder, and it starts to get a little more interesting...
I super glued the two together.

That was easy!


Now for some white paint.

Aaah! Everything looks better in white! I added a piece of wood to the base, so it wouldn't be too top heavy. (I just had this piece of wood lying around,  and wanted to use it for something : ) )

I super glued the piece of wood to the base,  and here it is...In all of it's beauty!


I love it! Don't you?

I made a little pink one too...
I found another cheese dome exactly like the first!
At the SAME thrift shop - a month later!
What are the odds?

Isn't it cute? I LOVE it! I sold it on ETSY.  Hated to part with that one...

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Love that chunky candlestick on bottom - great idea!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cake on a pedastle. What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea! Lovin it!!! Thanks for sharing miss crafty pants ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done. I love your quote "Everything looks better in white!". May I have your permission you use it sometime? I will be carefull, I would hate for someone to take it the wrong way. :(
    I am on the lookout for cheese domes now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's absolutely adorable, and I sure love the price!

    ReplyDelete
  6. soooo lovely!!!! Looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are very cute! I follow your blog and Paige's and Zoe's.

    -Ponytails

    http://mypassionsforfashions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, i missed the the creation of these little beauties! they look good!



    Cake Stands

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! :)