Friday, June 25, 2010

From Upcycled Frame to Beautiful Art!


My daughter started this project by painting her gold picture frame turquoise.  She didn't want the gold frame in her room,  because she didn't like the color. She LOVES everything turquoise right now,  so it was the obvious color of choice.  She loved the end result!

 I loved it too!  I was just going to hang it on her wall like this.  I was happy with that idea. My daughter however,  thought it needed something... A few days later,  I came across some old canvases she had painted when she was little. We have lots of old paintings - she used to sit on the sidewalk and have art sales. Cars passing by would always stop and buy art from her. She was born an entrepreneur! Anyway, she decided we could upcycle quite a few of them.  She loves chandeliers,  so I painted one on a canvas. I was so proud of my antique wash.  I love this picture!   I was trying to decide where to put it,  when I discovered it was the perfect size for that turquoise frame! A match made in heaven...
A boring gold frame... Who knew what it would turn into. 

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! It looks beautiful!! I love turquoise =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very neat. i'm not a fan of gold and so i adore the way the new turquoise color looks! it really makes the texture of the frame pop out since you aren't distracted by the black and gold. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! :)