Saturday, June 12, 2010

My FREE Finds!





This chest of drawers matches the vanity below. It was plain, with medium brown wood. I added some wooden embellishments from Hobby Lobby, and slapped a fresh coat of white paint on it. I really LOVE the way it turned out!

"Grandma's vanity" was given to me when she passed away. I added a decorative piece of wood to the drawer, and painted it white. Now it holds all of my oldest daughter's jewelry. PRECIOUS!

My mother and father-in-law were moving and gave us this chest. It was a light faux wood with gold around the edges. A clean coat of white paint, and my youngest daughter has a new place to store her Littlest Petshops! LOVE it!



This table and chair set was sitting in my aunt and uncle's garage. They kindly gave it to us, and I planned to sell it. I didn't need a "new" table and chairs... Or so I thought. I started to paint it black ( I paint EVERYTHING black), and quickly fell in LOVE! I recovered the seats in the toile and I have a new dining room set. For FREE!

My sister gave me this chair (and another one exactly like it) when she was finished with them.
They were "Grandma's". All I did was recover the seats in this black and white toile fabric that I found in my daughter's fabric stash, and I had 2 "NEW" chairs. VOILA!



This was my changing table when I was a baby!!! 33 years old, and it's been painted many, many times. With a fresh set of glass knobs, it now sits in my youngest daughter's room. So sweet!



This chair was also in the trash. With a fresh coat of white paint, and some wood glue - it was good as new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!! :)